Friday, April 3, 2015

Retired in Cuenca...why not? - Role Reversal - Friday, April 3, 2015

Role Reversal

Celeritas Cart clip artSupermaxi is our local grocery store, although we sometimes go to Coral (sort of a super Walmart on steroids) when we need gallon jugs of vinegar, cases of water, etc.

When we first moved here, over a year ago, when I would hear someone speaking English in either store, I would walk up and introduce myself. (Stu says my internal extrovert went on high alert...) It was a great way to meet new folks as well as ask questions about products, what to use and where to find things. Now the expats I encounter are typically friends and although we stop to chat, at times we just wave and move on down the aisle.... http://retiredincuenca.com/2015/04/role-reversal.html

No comments:

Post a Comment