Sunday, March 27, 2016

Olon Again...Naturally: Cribbage in the Wind - Part 2 Sun. March 27, 2016

Olon Again...Naturally: Cribbage in the Wind - Part 2: March 27, 2016 This week is “Semana Santa” and we’re entering into the end-zone of season finale during “high time” along the Ecuado...

....And then, I guess last but not least…the cat is
out of the bag.



I sold my lot in Olón a few weeks ago, and am
making plans to return to the States.

This is not a last minute decision, but one I have
been gearing up to do for some time.

I am so grateful for the time I have had on this
adventure here, but after six years, I am ready to come home.

I miss my family – probably the biggest factor
that lures expats back.



It was not an easy decision, but the right one for
me.  And I never thought that Ecuador
would be my final “landing spot” anyway. 
I figured 5-7 years here, and I’ve lived in Olón six (out of eight years).



But as the time moves closer to my departure,
coming to terms with leaving this place I love so much, and saying “good-bye”
to the wonderful friends I have made (locals and expats)…I find myself
alternately excited and melancholy.

And scared. I don’t kid myself that the transition
back to the States is going to be difficult, and probably more of a “culture
shock” than the adjustments made when I moved here.



One of the first posts I ever wrote on this blog
was called “Cribbage in the Wind” about the preparation of moving to
Ecuador.  It was tough!

But I'm finding it tougher to leave here than I expected.




I will still be writing posts here as I make this
transition.

No comments:

Post a Comment